No matter the value of the space we call home, we want it to look as luxurious as possible, even on a small budget. Decorators share tips on small upgrades that add more than their money’s worth of grace and glamour. Quick tip: choose one or two as your budget permits.
- A Grand Entrance – First impressions begin at the doorway. Start with a clean and freshly painted door, add a nice doormat and a potted plant or two and be sure the entryway is effectively lighted at night.
- Attractive Lighting – Good lighting can bathe a room in luxury, and a huge array of interesting light fixtures is surprisingly inexpensive.
- Fake High Ceilings – Floor to ceiling drapes can make a room look tall and grand, and you can fake the look by placing the curtain rod higher than the actual window.
- Big Art – Artwork doesn’t have to be expensive, but it can look expensive when chosen well and placed on a major wall.
- A Backsplash – A backsplash, perhaps in stone tile, is a great option for adding sophistication to your kitchen.
- New Hardware – Changing out the hardware on kitchen and/or bathroom drawers and cabinets can give a whole, new look to the space.
- Fluffy Towels – Nothing adds new glamour to a bathroom than an array of new, fluffy towels on the towel bar, or perhaps in a basket or on a shelf.
- Matching Accessories – In the kitchen as well as the bathroom, matching accessories add a touch of sophisticated harmony.
- Area Rugs – An attractive rug placed under the coffee table will utterly change the look of your living room.
- Mirrors – A mirror wall, or even a large mirror hanging on the wall, will add space and light to a room.
Make Ready Repairs LLC Dallas Plumber.com is a licensed plumbing and HVAC company. We offer Plumbing, HVAC, Maintenance, Make Ready, and Home Remodeling services. We offer both residential and commercial services. We primarily focus on home owners, property management companies and real estate companies. We are expanding to provide our service to other areas as well.
If you would like to talk to us regarding any of the services we offer, please call DFW Home Maintenance / Dallas Plumber.com at (682) 900-4100 or fill the contact us form in this page.